What i’ve been buying and doing as of late..September 2, 2012
Lets see, since June..
- Bought new computer in July after my old computer melted
- Bought a new HTC One X android phone and new cell plan with 6 gigs of data
- Got a 2 year upgrade on my vehicle registration
- Had time to read game, start watching MindOS
- Drink lots of beer (Molson 67 eh) and relax
- Paid off over $1,000 of my braces treatment
- Picked up Transformers: Fall of Cybertron (my current addiction)
- Picked up Forza 4 and NFS:Shift 2 (with Xbox wheel and 5.1 surround, and the Top Gear track with Jeremy Clarkson voiceover.. EPIC)
- Picked up Crysis 2 (FPS fix)
- Bought Puss in Boots 3D and Cars 2 3D (on my 55″ LED LG 3D tv)
- Bought WD TV Live media streamer for viewing my.. uhh… ‘rentals’ from someplace called The Pirate Bay hehe
- Got some new jeans and tank tops
- Got started on ProActiv again to clear up my complexion to make me even more sexy
- Putting tiny amounts of fuel in my completely paid off 2012 Ford Focus Titanium
- Opened up a Costco Premium membership
- Purchased more Whey protein and vitamin supplements for my weight training
- Not being rushed in my workouts to accommodate someones plans
- Extra weight plates and dumbbells
- Went out to see Prometheus and Batman Dark Knight Rises in theaters
- Hanging out with only people i care to hang with due to their quality
- Hit a few parties, socialize for the sake of social interactions, not outcomes
- Go on late night bike rides throughout the city with no curfew
What i *haven’t* been buying or doing as of late:
- Stupid outings for ‘Sushi‘, the entitled princess meal
- Wondering where i’m going to find money to cover the credit card bills
- Buying panties/lingerie that would be worn in anger is if it were a chore to wear
- Trying to find room to store things in my own home
- Being told to renovate or fix things around the place that were fine
- Paying off anyone else’s student debt
- Being asked to take the dog out in the middle of the night
- Watching the gas bill rise for stupid inefficiently planned trips being done in the ‘family’ SUV
- Wondering why we need to buy a 5th bedspread from IKEA (because it’s purple!)
- Being asked to repaint perfectly fine walls
- Being asked if something looked good on/made them look fat
- Arguing about the need to buy new cookware with money that doesn’t exist (because the Lagostino set is in shiny red!)
- Wondering why we have no closet space when my stuff only takes 1/5th of the space
- Staring at an obscene pile of shoes
- Having to listen to complete drivel or pretend to care about inane bullshit
- Being required to entertain out of obligation
- Stressing out over ‘is this a shit test’?
- Chewing off my finger nails or losing any more hair
- Worrying about what anyone’s given opinion of me is at any point in time
- Being anyone’s doormat or emotional tampon
- Putting anyone’s needs before my own
My brother would have turned 40 seven days ago. I think he would be happy with where i’ve come since he departed.
I turn 36 in two days. I am very happy with myself in who i am and where i’m going.
Could it have all turned out so very different. Yes. My marriage could have remained intact if hypergamy hadn’t reared it’s ugly head and had feminism, my mother and father, and all members of authority not so deeply ingrained beta thinking and attitude into me. (My next post will be a multipart series detailing many aspects of that)
But that time is done and past and mark my words.. never to be repeated. Mojo makes the case that my heart and mind have known ever since i was forced to leave my own home on my hands and knees by the women i pledged my life to, one who could not uphold her end of the contract.
For all the reasons i just enumerated above.
I think Captain No-Marriage would be proud. I have not had to check in with, run any numbers by, ask for permission for or beg to do anything i have wanted to do.
Now if you excuse me, i have to get back to helping Optimus Prime save The Ark!