Stupid Meme.. Fixed it for ya!July 20, 2012
A real quickie, but a goodie. Got to let me flex my Photoshop might for a bit.
I’m sure many of you have by now seen a stupid meme about body types floating around on Assbook or Twatter or Dumblr.
Anyhoo, this pic is quite obvious in it’s tone. Sexiness means having more meat on your bones, not being rail thin. The obvious implication here is to denigrate thin girls and root for the ‘bigger’ girls. What we’re really seeing is a bullshit trope laying the groundwork for saying ‘Fuck you skinny girls, once you go big you never go twig.”
The meme then goes to EXAGGERATED lengths to prove this by pitting some of the hottest most recognizable and desired females of a bygone era whilst posing for obvious professional pin up pics against some of the most poorly chosen, half recognizable celebs in the most unflattering harsh under daylight point&shoot camera pics.
Exhibit A. – The Meme.
Being somewhat of a hobbyist when it comes to photo’s let me just clarify a couple of things wrong with the setup of this meme.
- Two of the four bottom pics are in B&W. It’s a well known fact that black and white pics, by the very nature of conflicting contrasts creates a more visually stimulating image. It also hides skin tone and age better than color.
- Harsh uncontrolled daylight, bad exposure settings and overblown desaturated pics can cause all kinds of ugly you would never notice otherwise. Ever wonder why you see covers on professional flashes and dudes holding big white reflective cirles? The shadows you see are the only ones they want you to see. Nicole’s pic is probably the best of the bunch in this regard.
- All the girls in the bottom row are modeling at angles. Marilyn the least which shows the most weight. All the pics on the top row save for Kirsten are squared dead center to the camera
- All the women at bottom who have legs displayed are angling their feet in the classic ‘ghost heel’ position, to lengthen the leg and make the calve and butt pop. All ladies at top are flatfooted.
- Three of the four girls at top are obvious social airheads, and the author of the pic is banking on the fact your hatred of them will influence you. As i said, Nicole’s pic is probably the best, but it doesn’t matter because you hate her guts for being a dumb cunt and former BFF to One Night in Paris Hilton.
I could direct you to look up any of those women in the top panel in Google Images and see whether you can find sexier pics than the ones provided. I doubt it would take you more than a few seconds.
I get it. I get that some big girls out there are tormented by the fact skinny girls get all the attention and they want to return to a darker age in time when plump was fashionable. But of course back then we also didn’t bathe and sprayed ourselves with scents to cover the BO. And even then they knew what the true nature of man was. How else can you comprehend women killing themselves to fit into corsets? I cannot see humanity regressing to that state ever again. Just as we all enjoy proper 21st century dental hygiene, so to do we like our fertility cues as they stand.
Look… I get that big girls were probably tormented by skinny girls and for that I’m sorry. I think no one should be picked on for the way they look. I honestly mean that. I NEVER go out of my way to make someone feel bad about the way they look UNLESS they start the fight with me first. I don’t walk down the street unprovoked and just start pointing at people going ‘HAAAAHHAAAAA‘ like the Nelson kid from the Simpsons.
But see here’s the thing. I don’t like being told what ***I*** should find sexy or appealing to me. And i REALLY don’t want to be told that ***I*** am behind the times, or in someway broken because i tend to enjoy looking at hot babes that have a BMI of 20 to 24.9
Since when does any woman have one fuck of a right to tell ME what i find appealing?
Alternate (and more truthful) version of the meme: “Since when did actresses start getting cast based on their appeal to female viewers instead of male viewers? Oh, right, that came with the whole feminism thing…”
That would be like me telling women they should all stop being hypergamous sluts and stop sopping for guys like David Beckham and instead find attraction in their loins for aging bald guys because haven’t you heard.. bald is the new sexy!
Thank you for the clarification Jean-Luc… make it so.
So i took it upon myself to fix the meme pic. Do feel free to share it around in response to wherever you may come across the original.
Let them know that you indeed still find women of today sexy! Just that you find them sexy on your terms.. not the ones feminists and the victim come victimizer would like to impose upon you if they could.
Lol.. jeez this was supposed to be a quickie post. How the fuck do i always manage to drag these things out?
I should have become a screen writer.